Monday, June 20, 2011

On Adoption

I have known from the time that I was about six, that when I grew up, I was going to adopt. God pricked my heart for His children that need an Earthly parent to show them the love of their Heavenly Father. I pray for the mothers of those children. I pray that they know the Savior that I know. I pray that God blesses them. Honestly, sometimes I just don't know what to pray. Adoption is not always pretty. I know that the circumstances surrounding that precious one being given up for adoption will not be pretty. But I do know that my heart is simply broken for those babies and their biological mothers.

On father's day I heard an incredible sermon that touched quite a bit on adoption. God's heart breaks for those children who are not in forever homes. Our hearts need to be broken for the things that break His.

A blogger that I greatly admire shared some interesting articles that I wanted to pass on(along with a few others):

~Is the church ready for the abortion law to change?  Its time for the the church to stop talking and start doing.

~A very honest(and so true) take on adoption

~What I want you to know: Adoption and Assumptions This is plan A.

~The Howerton's Adoption Be prepared to cry. A lot.

~Jaydn's First Word Breathtakingly sweet.

~He Did It This made me ball my eyes out. He did it!

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment