Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Becoming a victim

Back in the day, it was the cool thing in my junior high to read the Christy Miller book series. The series followed a group of friends, focused on two particular characters, from high school through college and ending at their wedding day. They were a bit, shall I say...corny, but the theology in them was absolutely fantastic. Recently I found a spin off series and may or may not have read the entire series...in three days. That good, y'all.

One concept that was discussed often in the book was the idea of being a victim of grace. Rather than being a "victim" in the traditional sense, you choose instead to be a victim of the grace God has given you. This means that you grant forgiveness where its needed. This means that you do not always win, even when you think you should. This means that you embrace I Corinthians 15:10,"By the grace of God I am what I am..."

I am trying to embrace this idea of being a victim of grace. It takes the weight off of my shoulders, because as I become of a victim of grace I let go of the things that I have held onto.

What do you think of the idea of becoming a victim of grace?

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment