Friday, April 22, 2011

Chosen

Sometimes, Jesus, I just don't get it. I don't get why you would love me this much. You chose me. Me? Why?

Here's the thing though, You didn't choose the pretty me. You didn't choose me the Bible scholar. You didn't choose me the youth leader. You didn't choose me the Sunday school teacher.

You chose me the sinner. You chose me, the one who looked sin straight in the face...and didn't turn away. You chose me, the one who chose this world over the riches of Your Kingdom.

Why? This makes no sense to me. It baffles my finite little mind.

Today I read what You prayed before you were arrested. You prayed to Your Father, "Father, I want those You have given Me to be with Me where I am and to see My glory, the glory You have given Me because You loved me before the creation of the world."

You chose me, because You wanted me to be with You? Why?

Lord Jesus, Your ways I higher than mine. You thoughts greater than mine. Though I do not understand Your reasons, I will never be able to express my gratitude. Your love is life to my dying heart.

What is there to say to the One who knew the kind of person I would be, and chose me anyways?

"But I, with a song of thanksgiving, with sacrifice to you." Jonah 2:9

No comments:

Post a Comment