Thursday, February 23, 2012

Loving the pain

The past few months I have been terrible at exercising.
Also, I have been terrible at blogging, but that's another story....

I needed to do something.
I was tired. And gaining weight. And never wanted to get out of bed in the morning.

So I signed up for a class.
A yoga class.
I became a yogi(yogite???).

A few days before my first class, I bought this.
I hated the though of showing up to class and looking like....someone who didn't know what they were doing.
Which I don't.
Moving on.

I completed the DVD....and was pretty sure I was going to die for about three days.
"There is not ego in yoga."
Amen

I started the actual class.
And felt like I would die for a few more days.
It was hard.
Really, really hard.
There were muscles that hurt, that I didn't know I had.
It. Was. Brutal.

But...
then  is got easier.
A lot easier.
And I kind of started to like it.
And then I kinda started to LOVE it.

I slept great.
I felt great.
I looked goooddd.
eh hem.

7 weeks later...
I look forward to the pain,
and the strain,
and the sweat.
Because I have learned that I am stronger than I thought.
And my body is capable of
powerful
wonderful
extraordinary
things.

A yogi I have become.


Namaste,
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment