Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sunday Funday

This past summer I had a lot, I mean a lot, of free time. I read about two books per week, went out with friends almost every night, slept late, watched Rachel Ray and The View religiously, read blogs, painted my toenails, all kinds of fun things. About mid-way through the summer I was at my friend Diane's house remember saying, "You know Di, I know all of this free time isn't going to last, so I'm just going to really take advantage of it." And oh boy, did I. Rachel Ray, I miss you. What's for dinner tonight???

Over the last 8 weeks I have been busier than I think I have ever been in my life. Work has really picked up(Praise the Lord), school is crazy(I love it), sleep is...an afterthought. Some mornings I wake up and think to myself, "My gosh, when did I become a grown up. And can I go back???"

I love being busy, but I was exhausted. Between work and school and church commitments I never saw my family, friends or the insides of my eyelids. Finally, a few weeks ago I just couldn't take it anymore. I knew that I needed to make some changes. The best decision I have ever made was to change my availability at work so I no longer work Sundays. My word, I feel like i can breathe again! Even though my weeks are ridiculous and I'm exhausted by Wednesday, I know that there will always be another Sunday in just a few days. This makes the week so much more bearable.

What do you do to stay sane in this crazy thing called life?

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment