Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Being Boastful

I apologize for my silence over the last few days. My family is going through one of the most difficult seasons we have ever faced and that pretty much consumes all of my free time. I'm not going to get into it here, because quite frankly I'm not entirely sure who all is reading this and I respect the privacy of my family. However, a prayer would not be wasted on the Simon's.

I keep remembering that even in the midst of this time, God is still God. Just because it feels like my world is being taken apart, brick by brick, God never ceases to work in our lives.

A week or so ago I was doing my Bible study homework and the author quoted a verse about not boasting in yourselves, but about boasting in the Lord. At the end of ever lesson there is an activity where you can write something that you found meaningful during that particular lesson and then turn that verse or whatnot into a prayer. That day my prayer went something like, "Lord, give me even more reasons to boast about your goodness in my life." I had no idea what I was praying. Over the last few weeks I have seen people healed, finances put back together, ministries flourish, lives transformed...its been incredible.

So, here's my thinking: I asked God to give me more reasons to boast about Him. Maybe this season that my family is facing is one of those times. God is taking us through this so that we will be able to look back on this time in a few months and say, "My word, how God is good." I know that I will be able to say that. I can say that with full confidence right now, but I look forward to saying it in regards to this season and being able to see where He worked.

Psalms 44:8
"In God we make our boast all day long,
   and we will praise your name forever."

2 comments:

  1. would you mind sharing what's going on... with me? 'cause we're family and if there's anything i can do (even just pray), i'd love to do that.

    i know you'll all get through it. God is good.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much love and hugs to all the Simons. One day at a time. Hugs. ~Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete