Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Shopping

The Christmas shopping season is in full swing and I have to say, I’m really enjoying it this year. This is the first year that I’ve had ‘real money’ to be able to afford some extra special gifts for family and friends. Gifts that have really been catching my eye this season are handmade items. I’ve found lots of great stores that handcraft things like jewelry, purses, and household items likes dishes and decorative items. The best part: for the most part the items that I’ve found have been very reasonably priced. A lot of the things that I’ve found have been under $30. For custom pieces, that’s a great price. I would love to show some of the things that I’ve bought, but unfortunately some of the gifts recipients read my blog and I’m not one to disclose presents before Christmas.  I will however, share with you some of my favorite online stores. Most of these I have come across while reading various blogs and quite a few of them have very interesting blogs of their own. Click on the link to learn more about them.

Funk Vintage Kitchen- I have absolutely fallen in love with this store. The creator, April Kennedy, takes items that otherwise might be thrown away and turns them into gorgeous gifts. She also features some lovely handmade jewelry. I have bought a few pieces from her and cannot wait to give them this Christmas. I’ve also been really impressed with her prices. Very reasonable.

The Pleated Poppy-This is another shop that I came across while reading some blogs one day. Based in California, Lindsey the creator, handcrafts lots of fun little purses and pouches(I think they would make a great make up back or purse for a little girl). She also makes adorable flower pins and hair clips as well as some beautiful  crystal necklaces. A little pricier than my first shop, but I think you really get a fantastic product for the price. Bonus:  If you read her blog she will often give codes for 10% and 15% off in her shop. 

Lisa Leonard Designs-  I’m a little obsessed with this shop right now. Lisa Leonard makes absolutely stunning handmade jewelry.  The pieces are often customizable and perfect for moms, grandmas, sisters, nieces, anyone that loves beautiful handmade jewelry. I should warn you, it’s not cheap, but it’s beautiful and totally worth it for an extra special gifts.

I hope that you have fun 'window' shopping these sights. They offer fun, beautiful gifts for loved ones...and a in my case at least, a few for yourself as well.

Happy Browsing!
Hannah

2 comments:

  1. Hannah...thank you so much for the link and love! Good luck on my giveaways!!

    ♥ april

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, you are so welcome! I really do enjoy your blog and shop. My friend hannah loved her earring/necklace set from your shop!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete