Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Books I Love

Ever since I can remember, I have loved to read. My parents love to read and they read to my sisters and I all the time. I thought today I would share some of my favorite books with you. So, in no particular order:(click on the title to get more info)

1. "Redeeming Love" by: Francine Rivers



Oh my word, I love this book. It is a retelling of the book of Hosea in a more modern way. I think I read it in like two or three days. A must, must, must read.

2. "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" by: Joshua Harris

I was introduced to this book my senior year in high school in my Marriage and Family class. We read bits and pieces of it and then this past summer I found a copy at half price books for about $5 so I bought it and read the rest. It really was one of the better books I have read. It challenges Believers to look at our dating lives through the eyes of our Creator and shows you practical ways to follow after God in relationships. Also, I have yet to understand the cover image on this book. If you get it, please explain.

3. "So Long Insecurity" by: Beth Moore 




I love Beth Moore. Really, I do. And I really, really loved this book. It discusses the cultural epidemic of insecurity. We live in a world that is so full of messages saying we have to look, act, dress,ect. a certain way and for most of us, we fall incredibly short of 'the standard.' This book address a key issue: who we are in Christ. It challenges you to take back the dignity we, as children of the Most High God, have been given. Its really funny too.

4. "No Sex in the City" by: Lindsey Isham



I picked up this book this summer honestly, because I liked the cover. This is the authors first book and that is fairly evident once you read her work. I really liked the book though. Miss Isham gives an honest look at what its like to make commitment to save oneself for marriage and then sticking to it. She's very grounded in the word and pretty funny too. Warning: this book is not for anyone under the age of 18. or for anyone who cannot handle awkwardness. Its not inappropriate it just doesn't hold anything back.

5. "Not My Daughter" by: Barbara Delinsky

I just recently read this and can honestly say its one of the best books I've read. I have recommended this many times in the last month. It tells the story of four high school seniors who all decide that having a baby would be super fun and so they all plan to get pregnant together. Oh my word, don't even get me started. It makes for a great book though. Hint: the mother of one of the girls who gets pregnant is the high school principle. hmmm....


I hope that maybe I've inspired you to pick up a new read this week. Right now it is cold and rainy outside. The perfect day to be inside with a good book! What are some of your favorite reads?

Enjoy,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment