Monday, January 17, 2011

Giving Credit Where It's Due...

I love my blog. Really I do. I love the people who read it. I love the people who comment on it. I even love the people who get annoyed when I post links to it on facebook. I also really, really love my blog background. Here's the thing though, I didn't make it. that's right. None of it. Dont' worry I didn't steal it, but I wanted to share with you some of the websites that help beautify by blog. All of the sites that I use are free to everyone. I.Love.Free.Stuff. and apparently they love making it for me. It's a beautiful union. Anyways....

My blog background, header, as well as the little black and white signs that say "follow me","archive", ect. all come from a wonderful website called thecutestblogontheblock.com This site it, like i said, totally free, though I think you can pay them to do a custom design. They also have twitter and myspace backgrounds. It's a great website so go have fun!(Thanks to Melissa for introducing me to them.)

A site that I just recently came across is shabbyblogs.com This site too offers free blog backgrounds, headers, and all kinds of other things to make your block great. This is where I got the sign in the right hand column that says, "If you are here you are awesome."(which you are, btw.) They offer lots of cute stuff for you block. Very vintagey type designs. Check them out!

I don't really get any of my designs from here, but I use the free version of gimp to edit my headers. I have a little bit of a background in design(I was a writer for my schools online magazine and we used gimp, adobe, ect.) but if you've never used an editing program before gimp will be super confusing. They do offer helpful tutorials online.

Thanks to the designers who not only help make my little blog home beautiful and welcoming, but also do it for free. Click on the links to visit their sites and see if they have something to make your blog more beautiful too!

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment