Friday, January 14, 2011

A List: The Daniel Fast Edition

Some of you might remember that a few weeks ago I wrote a post about how I was going to be doing the Daniel fast for 21 days in January. I've purposely been silent about it since then because I once had a teacher(I went to a Christian school) tell me that one shouldn't talk about fasting, which is Biblical. That is should be something that is just between yourself and God. I totally agree, but wanted to share with you some of the things that I've learned since starting this fast. Therefore, in no particular order....

1. Vegan food needs more salt.

2. God isn't going to get mad if we accidentally buy vanilla soy milk instead of plain soy milk. He doesn't sweat the small stuff.

3. I can live without coffee.

4. There are only so many combinations of beans and rice....

5. Brown rice is very hard to make.

6. Fruit really does make a lovely dessert on its own.

7. Getting up an hour earlier than normal to pray and read the Word really does make a difference in everyday life.

8. Fasting is really about putting ourselves aside and serving the True God rather than the god of me.

9. Memorizing Scripture makes all the difference when it comes to battling the enemy. If we have the very word of God on our tongues, he(Satan) doesn't stand a chance.

10. Eating the way that God intended us to doesn't just effect ones weight(though that's a nice bonus) you will also sleep better, have better looking skin, and be more alert through out the day.

11. God is good.

I'm only a little more than half way through the fast and I have to say that it has been one of the best experiences of my Christian walk. God is so faithful to His children.

Hannah

I also learned that apparently today is 'delurking day'. So if you've been reading this or any other blog, but have never commented, today is the day! Its really easy and its such a treat for any blogger to receive a comment. So...comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment