Monday, January 24, 2011

One Word 2011

I've been hearing a lot lately about the one word challenge. Simply put, rather than making New Years resolutions, which I never do, you instead choose one word to define your year. You focus on this word all year and try to live by it. Example, you choose the word 'faith' and live by that word all year long. At first I said I wasn't going to do this. I'm doing a lot this year and I didn't feel the need to add something else to my list. But I just couldn't get rid of this idea. It kept popping up everywhere. Online.On blogs.On the radio. Everywhere. I like to think I'm a pretty smart girl, so I got the picture. God and and I then had a conversation which basically consisted of me saying, "Well, if this is what You want, You are just going to have to give me this word." And then He did. My word for 2011 is:

Give
give more:
grace
money
time
love
joy
prayers
hugs
of myself
mercy
compassion
thanks
glory to God.

When I first got the word, I was skeptical. This year has been one that has emptied me. I just didn't think that i had any to give. I still feel that way sometimes, but He is my portion and will keep me from stumbling on this journey.

So, what's your word? Consider joining me and choosing to live intentionally this year.

Hannah
                                                         Psalms 118:1

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment